TECHINIQUE TO PREVENT DISEASE FOR GINGER
TECHINIQUE TO PREVENT DISEASE FOR GINGER
To prevent the disease in ginger, choosing ginger variety is a very important step.
Then you can apply the following methods to provide the best conditions for developing ginger to avoid unwanted disease.
Water: water level that is needed for developing irrigation ginger is 2 times per day with a lotus hose. Or, if you water ginger by machine, you’d better pay attention to sufficient water, not to let the water flooding the bed.
Note for watering ginger:
- Ginger is a hydrophilic trees but it cannot be tolerated waterlogging. Therefore, we need to water ginger adequately for their growth.
- The quality of water: avoid water that is contaminated with alum. Alkaline water is also a causes retardation in ginger.
- We should be soaked for during ginger generating tuber, and then drain out water quickly because it cannot be tolerated waterlogging.
- Fertilization: For an area of approximately 1000m2, in terms of the appropriate division, we need to use 50kg of urea, 10 kg of potassium (manuring 5kg), 100kg supper ( for entire manuring).
- Mix 1 spoon of Ure phase in a 20 liter water. Then, water 2-3 times, the gap betwen 2 times is 4-5 days when plant is higher by 30%.
- When ginger generate 2-3 sepatated trees, water within 7 days. You should be applied at the root of 10cm. The suitable volume of Ure is 5 kg. Before fertilizing, you should clean grass and other factors that results in retardation in ginger. The remaining amount of potassium fertilizer spread within 90 days after planting.
- If you are growing ginger with other plans, when intercrop is finished, we should proceed as above additional fertilizing. The reason is when we apply for intercropping trees, ginger also can absorb this fertilizer. And we do not need to add to add on the ginger. When fertilizing, we should pay attention not to let it onto the leaf surface.
- When earthing up ginger: when trees give about 3 to 4 branches, we should manure organic fertilizer with the thickness being about 5cm. Then, we apply on a thin layer of soil about 1 to 2 cm. Appropriate amount to fertilize is 50% of land and 50% compost, mixed together and cultivated the stump. Continue to earth up the tree as seeing young roots sticking out of the ground.
- Farmers should regularly monitor, must develop timely ginger root as seeing it sticking out of the ground, and to avoid stretching ginger root which are unsatisfied.
- Weeding: To prevent spreading germs, we should clean up weeds in combination with loose soil, fine to support ginger grow better.
- Intercropping: selected plant to grow with ginger have to be hydrophilic trees, and shorter growing time, reach approximately two months. A typical number of selected trees usually cucumber, corn ... if it is the corn, after harvesting the corn, we should keep its tree-trunk for ginger, or just cut half the tree. The intercropping is done on dry season plays an important role in not only moisturizing ginger but also in increasing revenue.
Disease prevention in ginger:
There are many factors that contribute to common diseases in ginger such as:
- Diseases caused by insects such as locusts, grasshoppers.
The concern here is that the insects devoured the leaves, making difficult to grow crops. Precautions here is spraying smell drugs to repel them.
- leaves blight in ginger:
In addition to the reasons caused by insects, common diseases in ginger particularly is leaves blight. There are usually two types of blight:
+ Leaves blight as a streak:
The leaves blight as a streak occur as the oval circle. We often see dark spots, then lesions will grow and wide spreading and adhesion together to make up the leaves burn marks. It is easy to identify patients is that there are always black dots. Effective drugs in curing this disease are: Carbebzim, Tilt, Bavistin ...
+ For leaves blight on ginger leave tip:
Normally, we will see ginger leave with orange disease. It usually has no particular shape, thriving filaments will creep into leaf axils, attacked down the tree roots.
- Rot tubers:
This disease is considered the most dangerous diseases in the current disease of ginger and also there is no effetive treament for this disease. Solanascerum and Ewinia Pseudomonas sp. cause this disease with symptoms that make ginger suddenly wilted plants at noon time. About 2 to 3 days later, the tree will suddenly turn yellow, on giner blade will orrcur a perforated plastic. When encountering this phenomenon, farmers should harvest early to avoid damage. Precautions that you should take medicine for watering the roots.