Ginger health benefits
Ginger is widely used as a spice and folk medicine in many countries such as Vietnam. Raw ginger is composed of 79% water, 18% carbohydrates, 2% protein, and 1% fat. Being the traditional folk medicine in Vietnam for thousands of years, ginger has many health benefits to treat many ailments such as colds, indigestion, nausea, arthritis, migraines, and hypertension.
Below are some health benefits of ginger for you to try as home remedies easily. Patients with chronic diseases should consult a physician before beginning any treatment.
Ginger health benefits
- Treatment of sore throat: wash and scrape 1 fresh ginger, then slice into pieces. Heat in hot water for 5-10 minutes. Add honey or a little lemon juice to increase the effect to reduce cough, and boost the immunity system.
- Treatment of mouth ulcers: Drink and gargle regularly with fresh ginger juice to effectively treat mouth ulcers as well as prevent tooth decay effectively.
- Treatment of migraines: Use warm ginger water to massage evenly around the painful areas for 10-15 minutes to reduce symptoms. In addition to reducing headaches, you can chew a piece of fresh ginger to relieve pain.
- Treatment of alcohol intoxication: drinking hot ginger water to promote the effectiveness of ginger for drunkenness as it helps you sober up and contribute to alcohol detoxification.
- Treatment of pale skin: Massage and wash your face regularly with warm ginger water at least 1-2 times a day to make the skin look healthier.
- Treatment of dandruff: cut fresh ginger into small pieces or crushed, then apply evenly on the scalp for 10-15 minutes, finally use hot ginger water to wash it thoroughly. This alternative to shampoos is both safe for the scalp and effective for treating dandruff.
- Treatment of back and shoulder pain: if you suffer from back pain and shoulder pain, it is recommended to use hot ginger water or crush ginger with salt, then use a cloth to apply the mixture on the painful area for many times. This method helps with muscle pains, blood circulation, and pain relief very effectively.
- Treatment of foot odor: soak your feet with warm ginger water and salt for about 15 minutes, then wipe dry, and foot odor will disappear. Soaking feet with warm ginger water also helps to sleep well and prevent the common cold.
- Treatment of high blood pressure: ginger helps to expand your blood vessels by increasing circulation in the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: ginger has an anti-inflammatory effect, that prevents sores effectively.
- Lower cholesterol: ginger helps reduce cholesterol. A recent study showed that patients who regularly use ginger over a period of time can significantly reduce cholesterol levels.
- Diabetes control: diabetics should drink ginger tea early in the morning because it helps control blood sugar.
- Anti-stress: ginger helps to relieve stress, dizziness, restlessness, and anxiety. Use the ginger essential oil or drink ginger tea whenever you feel stressed to relieve the symptoms.
- Treatment of morning sickness: Eating fresh peeled ginger before getting on a car, or aircraft ... can help prevent the symptoms of motion sickness.
- Treating digestive disorders: ginger is one of the best remedies for indigestion, abdominal pain, seizures, diarrhea, bloating, infections, and other intestinal problems. Ginger juice helps to alleviate some of the stomach discomfort symptoms and increase appetite.
- Controlling cardiovascular disease: some traditional folk remedies suggest that ginger may help prevent cardiovascular disease, reduce the risk of blood vessel blockage, and reduce the rate of a heart attack.
- Respiratory disorders: in addition to treating sore throat, ginger also has a number of effects on treating respiratory diseases such as cough, flu, bronchitis, asthma, shortness of breath, chest tightness ...